Sunday, September 20, 2009

All blacks beat the Aussies

It was great to see the Allblacks beat our arch rivals The Wallabies in the third test last night. With Richie McCaw and Dan Carter back on board it was a great showing by the boys.

It just goes to show that for writers heros are everywhere.
Even when they're muddy and sweaty at the end of a game those fifteen guys look awesome. Mils Muliaina, I adore that name, it rolls off your tongue like warm chocolate, and Joe Rokocoko and Ma'a Nonu are all great favourites of mine.

 Back to writing, after long hours of concentrated editing and polishing I now have my lastest manuscript almost ready to send off. Another few hours and a quiet read through to pick up any hitches and I think....I only think mind.. it might be okay.

Have just been heartened to read a quote from Dame Lynley Dodd: "A good writer is never satisfied by second best. Writing children's books is not easy"
 
No writing is easy, it's a writer's skill that makes it appear easy. How many people have read a book and said "I can do that!"
And how many of those manuscripts are languishing in bottom drawers.
Post a Comment