Thursday, October 22, 2009

Time management

This is an important tool for wtiters especially if you also want to have a life and don't have the inclination to leave your warm bed very early on cold mornings.

I've heard other writers discuss this and everyone seems to have a different way of best utilising their time. And I guess every one has to find what works best for them.

I prefer to write in the evenings.

My husband does love his telly so while he's busy watching the box I'm spending a few hours tapping away at a keyboard and creating another world.

Escapism? For sure. But everyone needs some form of escapism or we would go crazy.

 Another reason the evenings work well for me is it helps me unwind after a busy day at work. Also when it's dark I don't have the garden to distract me. The garden is a siren song for me. I see one weed that needs twitching and before I know it, I've embarked on some major chore. I just love to get my hands in the soil.

Once a few years ago a friend suggested that as I always had dirty hands I would love potting. Uggg!!! I could not abide the feel of all that slippery clay on my hands and under my fingernails. Garden dirt is completely different but said friend couldn't understand my aversion.
Post a Comment