Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yee Ha!!!

I'm singing from the treetops today!

One of my manuscripts is a finalist in the prestigious Clendon Award! Yee Ha!!!

At the moment it is in New York....be still my trembling heart....with Mary Theresa Hussey Senior Executive editor of Harlequin Books. 

It has been so hard this past week having to keep this momentuous news under my hat ever since Barbara Clendon, of Barbara's Books who sponsor the award, rang me to tell me my book was winging it's way to America.

Equally pleasing was a second manuscript being Commended. Just to recieve a mention in this competition is an acheivement but by far the most value from this competition for me is reader feedback.

This competition is judged by a band of dedicated Romance readers and Barbara has commented that many of the readers would dearly love to buy the finalist manuscripts and keep them on their keeper shelf.

And that has to be the ultimate accolade for any writer.
Post a Comment