Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New Experiences

Life is full of interesting experiences and it's fun and rewarding to savour each new experience.

As writers we sit in our quiet little cubbyholes beavering away at our keyboards making imaginary people become as real as the friends we pick up the phone and chat to.

And the rewards for all this hard work is knowing other people can savour and enjoy  a book that leaves them with the warm fuzzies romance writers expect.

Today has been memorable on two fronts...Return to Totara Park has been on Amazon's top 100 free romance list all day. And now I know that several hundred people are able to read and hopefully enjoy my creative endeavours.  And to me that is more rewarding than any amount of riches...although if I'm honest the riches would be nice.

The second thing today I downloaded an old Sharon Sala book...When I Call Your Name  and that left me teary-eyed.  And this is why I keep tapping away and creating imaginary people.

Other writers have given me so much pleasure over the years...it warms my heart to put something back into the pool for others to enjoy. 
Post a Comment