Friday, April 20, 2012

Personal Milestones

It never ceases to amaze me how fast these milestones creep up and catch us unawares.

It just seems like yesterday that I was in my old bedroom getting dressed in my wedding finery, so excited I honestly thought I'd pass out. I remember the autumn chill...being very late to the church...on account of my bridal bouquet not being quite ready for me.  And ever since I've been unmercifully teased. My husband's family were, and still are, notoriously late at every function. And they considered I'd started out on the right foot!

And yet the years have passed, seemingly in the blink of an eye, and this year I woke up celebrating 49 years living with the same man. I guess that makes me a dinosaur in the eyes of the young ones.

Today is more special than just another milestone. My husband has battled serious illness, a life threatening allergy to bee-stings and we've survived the trauma of losing our adult twin sons.

But our life had been also filled with hard work, lots of love and laughter and more family than we can shake a stick at.  

And this morning I was presented with a beautiful breakfast on a tray with one of the last of the season's roses beside my plate.  Who says Kiwi blokes are not romantic?


Post a Comment